KENYA COVID-19 TRAVEL ADVISORY…
Arrival & Departure travel protocols .
THIS NOTICE IS ISSUED WITH EFFECT FROM 2nd SEPT 2022.
GENERAL TRAVEL REQUIREMENT
- All arriving passengers into the country are required to be in possession of a COVID-19 vaccination certificate uploaded on the Panabios system.
- All travelers above the age of 12 years arriving into the country through any point of entry will be required to show proof of either COVID-19 vaccination or a negative PCR test conducted not more than 72 hours before departure.
- NB: Vaccination means having received the prescribed doses of specific vaccine latest shot at least fourteen (14) days before arrival (not including the day of vaccination).
- Travelers below the age of twelve (12) years shall be exempt from the requirements of a vaccination certificate or PCR test.
- All unvaccinated travelers above the age of twelve (12) years arriving at any port of entry into Kenya must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test result conducted not more than 72 hours before departure, regardless of the route of entry. Travelers below the age of twelve (12) years are exempted from this testing requirement.
- Any traveler above the age of twelve (12) arriving at any point of entry with no proof of vaccination or a PCR test or those with flu-like symptoms shall be subjected to a rapid antigen test at their own cost of 30 USD. Any person who tests positive on antigen RDT will be subjected to entry PCR test at their own further cost of 50 USD and self-isolate as per MOH guidance on isolation. Travelers below the age of twelve (12) years are exempted from this testing requirement.
- With effect from 1st Sept, 2022, Only travelers arriving at any port of entry into Kenya with flulike symptoms will be expected to fill the passenger locator form on the ‘jitenge’ platform. They will also be required to take a COVID-19 PCR test upon arrival at their own cost.
- Passengers traveling out of the country, will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the transit and destination country
- Pre-departure RDT or PCR testing may be considered at the discretion of any of the airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.